Diary of a Thin Hair Sister

I am right at the beginning of my sisterlocks 'journey' and very pleased and proud that I finally made the decision. Being a tad surprised (shocked?) at my thin hair, I thought that I would chart my progress and share my experience with a community of people both looking to start or already on their sisterlock voyage. (Do not make copies of my photos!!)

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

More Good News!

A quick post to say that another great offer has come through! Oh, it is sooo nice to have options! Now, all that is left is to find hairstyling options for mid-length sisterlocks!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger agasaro said...

I have to say that of all sisterlocks I've seen so far, yours are the most beautiful ones. I'm a newbie...had my sisterlocks installed Jan 19th. And like you, I think I really have thin hair and can't wait for my locks to mature. I hope mine end up looking like yours.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Helga said...

Angelique: you are too kind! Thank you for your beautiful comment. I never believed that my locks would thicken up to a size I could be proud of, given how thin they were when I got started. It did take a little time, but things are certainly getting better! Be patient and enjoy the ride!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Amba said...

Great news for you Helga. I've been following your blog faithfully from day 1. Your sisterlocks are just beautiful and I love your styles.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Allecia said...

Congratulations on all of your campus visits and job offers. A few friends were on the academic job market this year and from what I've heard with funding being cut for positions, you must have been a stellar candidate to have received multiple interviews and offers. Now if only I can finish my PhD one of these days...

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home