Diary of a Thin Hair Sister

I am right at the beginning of my sisterlocks 'journey' and very pleased and proud that I finally made the decision. Being a tad surprised (shocked?) at my thin hair, I thought that I would chart my progress and share my experience with a community of people both looking to start or already on their sisterlock voyage. (Do not make copies of my photos!!)

Friday, August 08, 2008

Don't Hate...!

It would be an understatement to say that the opening of the Brunsli Hair Tie Store in 2006 caused a craze among lock wearers! Not to be left behind, I too purchased what I still consider to be the most beautiful B-li Hair Tie available.

Unfortunately, two years ago my new locks could barely hold a bobby pin.... So I waited....



Cute, eh? Don't hate! ;-)

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger blackrussian said...

Very cute!

Can I hate just a little bit?

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Cute!

5:08 PM  
Blogger brunsli said...

Wow! I remember that one. It was hard to send it away. But, it has a great home!

12:53 AM  
Blogger Naturally Sophia said...

Wow! Cute , very cute. Tryin hard not to hate, lol!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Lakia said...

That is truly a beautiful tie. I WANT IT!!!! LOL!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Helga said...

Thanx everyone! I am very happy that the hairtie now fits!

It is also nice to see how Brunsli's hairties inspired so much creativity.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Aya said...

Aaaah sis, so very cute!!!! Yuor locks have come such a long way. So happy for you.

11:25 AM  
Blogger SeZ said...

I want that tie too, could you take it off and send it to me?


No really, I want it! LOL

2:53 PM  
Blogger V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Girl we aint hatin, lol

Love the hair tie!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Nubian1 said...

Looks too cute.

1:43 AM  
Blogger virgochild said...

Thank you for the wonderful blog! You have most certainly inspired me to make that move and commit to sisterlocking my hair. I have been natural for 5 years, but rode the micro-braid train to disaster. Now I have the thin hair syndrome,in fact so thin you literally can see through it! Your blog has helped put my fears to rest and squelch my hesitation!

9:19 AM  
Blogger CheLouissaint said...

Okay guess I'll just say fierce!! LOL but I do want one

Where have you been? Hope all is well.

I enjoy reading all about your education and your travels so ...tag your it! :)

8:54 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

It looks great! No hate at all. I bought a beautiful clip a few weeks ago, and I'm not even getting my locks installed for another month! You've been an inspiration to another thin-haired sister!

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home