Diary of a Thin Hair Sister

I am right at the beginning of my sisterlocks 'journey' and very pleased and proud that I finally made the decision. Being a tad surprised (shocked?) at my thin hair, I thought that I would chart my progress and share my experience with a community of people both looking to start or already on their sisterlock voyage. (Do not make copies of my photos!!)

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Can't Resist!



We also have to dodge the paparazzi in Oslo!

However, this picture also reveals how desperately I need to have my hair retightened (click on the photo for an enlarged view of my roots, baby!). I have been enlightened by Kalia-Dewdrop's, as well as Amba's, and Blackrussian's respective posts about combining, cutting, or splitting locks. I also posted recently about not being able to capture loose hairs back into my locks during retightening. So I decided that I would return to my loctician after my trip to Europe and consult with her about adding locks to the front and splitting some locks that have become too big. It is just SO hard for me to resist grabbing my tools and working on my own head (it is so pleasurable and my hands are always in my hair anyway!).

It is a bit tricky with me b/c I started with such damaged hair, not from perms, but from excessive tension from braiding and hair extensions. As my hair is recovering from that previous trauma, my locks are really changing in size and sections that were marked by breakage are finally filling in (I sound like an old man). At any rate, this picture shows my need for a retightening and how thick my roots are becoming. (It also shows how cute my baby is!).

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your baby girl is beautiful.

I like the way your roots look, then again I'm not to big on my hair being freshly retightened.

10:28 AM  
Blogger z said...

This is a cute pic. and you can really see the beauty and health of your locks as well. Thanks for the mention btw and just know that you have to do what works for you, you know what I mean? Either way, whatever you decide I know that your locks will still remain fabulous.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Helga said...

Thanx meikmeika and dewdrop. I also like my thick roots (more coverage!), and I also like the way that larger locks look too. I will have a consult with the loctician and take it from there.

2:49 PM  
Blogger SeZ said...

Now I like your roots it looks full and styled that way. The baby's hair is cute too.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home