Diary of a Thin Hair Sister

I am right at the beginning of my sisterlocks 'journey' and very pleased and proud that I finally made the decision. Being a tad surprised (shocked?) at my thin hair, I thought that I would chart my progress and share my experience with a community of people both looking to start or already on their sisterlock voyage. (Do not make copies of my photos!!)

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Paa reisefot!



All the braids are in (and tiny!). That can only mean one thing...

We are on our way to Norway!

We looked smashing as we walked through London Heathrow, but this mother and daughter duo did not attract as much camera attention as Angelina and her brood. No matter, we were feelin' ourselves as we made our way to Terminal 3!

Guess what? It was raining in Olso!


But this time, I am housesitting/crashing at an American friend's apartment while she is in the US. (The place sort of makes me feel like I am in an IKEA commercial...but in a good way...). One of the greatest things about my new home (for the next month...) is that she has lots of DVDs, including the first season of Heroes (which I will be watching as soon as my baby and her dad leave for the mountains tomorrow)!

I still cannot get over the shock of how poor the exchange rate is, but to give you an indication: rather than waiting to buy a pair of hip shoes, I am waiting for the price of Corn Flakes to drop below 8 bucks! (I am happy to report that the gym membership and the first batch of groceries came free with congratulations on my graduation.)



My task for the day (apart from staying awake and away from the bed) is to find an outfit and prepare to meet the former in-laws...

6 Comments:

Blogger Lexus Prefect said...

Dah-link you and mini diva look smashing!

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys both look smashing!!!!

Enjoy your time in Norway!!!!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

THe first season of Heroes is awesome. The count and I sat and watched it over Christmas break. Enjoy!

BTW, your daughter is so adorable!! :)

10:08 PM  
Blogger All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

rock stars no doubt lol

11:26 PM  
Blogger s0utherngirl said...

You ladies look gorgeous! And I'm a total Heroes junkie so I'm sure you'll love it.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Aya said...

Is that my niece? Omg, her hair looks soooo cute. My has it grown. I'm sure you got way more stares than Angelina.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home