Diary of a Thin Hair Sister

I am right at the beginning of my sisterlocks 'journey' and very pleased and proud that I finally made the decision. Being a tad surprised (shocked?) at my thin hair, I thought that I would chart my progress and share my experience with a community of people both looking to start or already on their sisterlock voyage. (Do not make copies of my photos!!)

Monday, October 02, 2006

Turn Out the Lights...




T. Pendegras was onto something. I am still trying to figure out how to take good pictures with this digital camera. Although I am not a person to read the instruction manual, I still think that I should upgrade my Canon PowerShot to one that has a larger screen. At any rate, I was trying to figure out how to avoid the 'brillo pad' looking photos (below) that result when taking pictures of new locks with the flash on. (This is from two months ago).



At the same time, I would like to take a picture that actually captures what I THINK I look like when I look in the mirror. I really don't think I look like any of the pictures I have taken (or posted on my blog), talk about double consciousness...

Anyway, this picture is in the bathroom, lights on no flash.


This one is lights off with flash. I did hear something behind me that sounded like an explosion when I took the picture, but I figured that I was really making magic happen! In this picture you get a better sense of the texture and quality of my baby locks without the brillo-pad look.



I still don't think that this is what I look like *sigh*

3 Comments:

Blogger Goodnapps said...

Very cute texture photos.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have you tried the macro function? I have a Cannon A95 (I think) and I notice that it helps. I'ts the flower symbol with an MF beside it. Press it twice, and you can manually focus. It's awesome. I'm still having issues with lighting, though. Perhaps that's cuz I take all my pics at, like, one in the morning! lol!!

Excellent pics, though!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Helga said...

Thanks folks, and yes, I will try messing with the camera (I really need to break down and read the durn instruction manual ;-)

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home