Diary of a Thin Hair Sister

I am right at the beginning of my sisterlocks 'journey' and very pleased and proud that I finally made the decision. Being a tad surprised (shocked?) at my thin hair, I thought that I would chart my progress and share my experience with a community of people both looking to start or already on their sisterlock voyage. (Do not make copies of my photos!!)

Friday, September 01, 2006

About Those Soft Spikes...



I dunno... I soft spiked it again for my good friend's wedding a couple of weekends ago.


We all got ready together, so they had a good time laughing at my 'rooster' like appearance. I thought I looked gorgeous :)


SAY WHAAAAT??!!


The day before we were in a makeup store and I saw a woman there with a very beautiful tight curl. I figured that I could recreate that look by using the smallest curlers, and by using a whole bunch of 'em! Well, my hair did curl, but a bit too tightly, and I ended up with an updo that made my head look slightly square. OK, maybe 'slightly' is an understatement...




After the wedding, we realized that what I was after was the curl pattern created by a straw-set! I've got a lot to learn.....

4 Comments:

Blogger brunsli said...

Sorry the soft-spikes didn't work out for you. Leighann has a great blog post about them a while back. It's taken a while, but I've gotten the hand of them.

Your dress is very pretty!

2:36 PM  
Blogger OnyxCherry said...

There are some advantages to having thin locks that Leighann atested to in a previous blog post. Do you have a Caruso Proset30 because you can create a quick curl in 15 minutes with this steam roller set that will not harm your sisterlocks. My sisterlocks are not long enough to curl as yet but I used my set to create beautiful curls with my microbraids while I was growing out my hair. Thanks for the compliment that you posted on my blog. Your locs look very neat and well kept.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Helga said...

Thanks for the advice (and support!). I was also very pleased with the dress (and the D. Pliner shoes that you can't see in the photo). I am so NOT used to styling my hair (too many years with braid extensions), so I am still getting the hang of all the interesting tools and gadgets. I will post some pictures of me 'lookin' right' soon!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Goodnapps said...

Hey lady. I hope you aren't giving up on the soft spikes. Too tight must be one of the top 2 commments I hear about soft spikes. Which is good if you want curls that will go the extra mile for several days.
I'm still too short for soft spikes but I'm following the reviews and waiting for my day to come. Best wishes.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home