Diary of a Thin Hair Sister

I am right at the beginning of my sisterlocks 'journey' and very pleased and proud that I finally made the decision. Being a tad surprised (shocked?) at my thin hair, I thought that I would chart my progress and share my experience with a community of people both looking to start or already on their sisterlock voyage. (Do not make copies of my photos!!)

Monday, October 02, 2006

They're Back...









I figured it out! (Some of us are slower than others). So my new 'technique' is to roll my hair on the soft spikes after washing. I took advice from Leighann's blog about waiting until the hair is almost dry (she uses a 1-5 scale) before rolling. I use bigger soft spikes in the back and smaller ones on top. The trick for me is to put more locks on the spikes up top (this is to avoid the repeat of that REAL bad wedding hair...). I sleep on them, and in the morning, voila!




I am working with a sort of 80s butch style here... Well, at least that's what it looks like to me. Honestly, I hate the whole 80s look that is in fashion right now (who looks good in peg-leg jeans?). I should add that this two days later.

My new problem (because I always have to have one) is that my hair does not fall back down into place after it has been blown back by the wind. I learned this the hard way after I gave my second lecture. I thought I was so cute, but then I caught a view of myself in the window as I left the classroom. Of course, as I stood in front of my class asking "do you understand what I am saying, any questions" I can only imagine what they were thinking! (I've got to learn how to hold still while lecturing about slavery, almost impossible).

This hair still needs some weight, y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home