Diary of a Thin Hair Sister

I am right at the beginning of my sisterlocks 'journey' and very pleased and proud that I finally made the decision. Being a tad surprised (shocked?) at my thin hair, I thought that I would chart my progress and share my experience with a community of people both looking to start or already on their sisterlock voyage. (Do not make copies of my photos!!)

Saturday, August 08, 2009

Three Years and a Vacation



Three years came and went while I was on vacation! Unfortunately, my computer also went with the passage of time! So, these updates are late, but it is still summertime!

Once again, I was in Spain and Norway...


Modern art at the Reina Sofia in Madrid...


Again, 7-11 was the place to be for hot dogs and great hair photos!

Hope you are all enjoying your holidays!

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Lexus Prefect said...

You look HOT! Sisterlocks and itsy bitsy bikini are fabulous!!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Helga said...

Thanx!
It's actually a one-piece (design by Target!).

7:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello!! Your hair looks sooo good. I can see that it's totally locked. What is your normal styling routine?

5:29 AM  
Blogger natasha said...

hi helga
i've been a locked fan of yurs from since the first day i locked. and periodically i check in to see how yu r and "our hair" your hair is so beautiful. the day i got my kit to do my hair (self) as the mail man was ringing my bell... a sister was introducing herself to me, who i'd contacted re my soon to be lock journey,,,she told me to check out your site. anyway MANY MANY THANKS TO YOU FOR BEING MY INSPIRATIONcuz sometimes i want to cut. YOU ALWAYS LOOK ELEGANT AND LOVELY.
much love ,PIPPY

4:47 PM  
Blogger Helga said...

Wow!

Thanks so much for all of your extra nice comments!

sunsail: I don't have a normal routine, I am way too lazy! If I do something, I'll put on 15 perm rods after I shower, use hair spray and a hair dryer. Those curls last only about a day, but that is something I'd do if I had somewhere to go. There was way too much humidity on the coast during my vacation to style locks.

joy: thanks so much! I'll be checking out your progress too! Enjoy the ride!

6:50 PM  
Blogger msfullroller said...

Beautiful locs and go'head sista in that bikini!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Naturally Sophia said...

Just bee-yoo-ti-ful!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Chasity said...

Really enjoy reading your blog... and you and your hair are gorgeous! Keep up the good work :o)

11:42 AM  
Blogger The Real Nique said...

Absolutely beautiful inspiration! I love your hair.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home