Diary of a Thin Hair Sister

I am right at the beginning of my sisterlocks 'journey' and very pleased and proud that I finally made the decision. Being a tad surprised (shocked?) at my thin hair, I thought that I would chart my progress and share my experience with a community of people both looking to start or already on their sisterlock voyage. (Do not make copies of my photos!!)

Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Walk in the Park




Finally, a little sunshine! I thought I was over it, but yes, I 'gikk paa tur' (went for a walk) on this beautiful Sunday afternoon.

A few observations while walking through the amazing Vigeland's Park (named after the incomparable sculptor Gustav Vigeland):

1. There are many more interracial couples in Oslo than ever. It sure wasn't like this when I lived here. Also, it has been far more common to see Norwegian men with women of color.

2. It is much more common to see people of color all over the city and working in every capacity (rather than being confined to the eastern side of town and low-profile jobs as was the case a few years back). (This does not contradict my previous post).

3. PDA does actually make single people on a sunny day in Oslo feel lonely, sigh.

4. Seeing all of the mom's pushing baby carriages does make newly-single-women-without-their-daughters want to make 'baby talk' with all the little ones in the park!

5. Sunbathing nude in a public park that is also a major tourist attraction makes tourist photography very challenging indeed. (BTW I was not sunbathing nude....).

6. There is alot of beauty in Norway.


3 Comments:

Blogger Aya said...

Ok sis. Many thoughts come to mind when I see these sculptures in Norway, where, it just so happens, someone we both know lives there. hmmmmm!!!!!lol. Quite interesting.

Love ya.

4:51 PM  
Blogger PAYLAR said...

What an adventure(traveling,hair, life....)They all kind of intertwine, don't they....
You're hair looks great.
Be safe.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Maryee said...

Wow! Norway! I love the fact that we can get out and travel and show off our locks in international places!! Thanks for sharing and dropping by my blog to say hi!

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home