Diary of a Thin Hair Sister

I am right at the beginning of my sisterlocks 'journey' and very pleased and proud that I finally made the decision. Being a tad surprised (shocked?) at my thin hair, I thought that I would chart my progress and share my experience with a community of people both looking to start or already on their sisterlock voyage. (Do not make copies of my photos!!)

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Stick a Flower In It...



So, the countdown is on... One week until the dissertation is submitted! I am supposed to be revising right now, but, sorry, no more gas (have you seen the prices...ha ha...)!

I am going to try to hold pace with our favorite hair diva Brunsli and post something each day. I think that this will help me accomplish some important things during the next week of finalizing the dissertation:

1. Keep revising to a minimum (why overdo it?)
2. Begin looking for interesting things (on my person) to photograph
3. Read the camera's manual
4. Do something enjoyable each day (that does not include revising)
5. Reflect on revising (without actively doing it)
6. Find a date (hey, how did that get into this list?!)

For example, my dear friends are so creative, they made these pretty hair clips. I stuck a flower in my hair the other day to generate some excitement about Monday. People asked if I was going for a Spanish look. Some said I looked like Spring. Others just looked at the flower stuck in the back of my head. I thought it was cute. The bun is really messy, which works in SoCal, and the lock + flower combination is way cute.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving the flower in your locks!

5:27 AM  
Blogger brunsli said...

I love it!

Can I trade you a hair tie for one?

I'm glad you're finding ways to amuse yourself on the home stretch to Dr. THS!

12:27 PM  
Blogger z said...

Yes! Hi-5 to you for wearing a flower in your hair and welcome to the "I like wearing flowers in my locks" club. I have so many flowers but no way of getting them to stay because bobby pins no longer work for me. Any solutions?

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home