Diary of a Thin Hair Sister

I am right at the beginning of my sisterlocks 'journey' and very pleased and proud that I finally made the decision. Being a tad surprised (shocked?) at my thin hair, I thought that I would chart my progress and share my experience with a community of people both looking to start or already on their sisterlock voyage. (Do not make copies of my photos!!)

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Feliz Ano Nuevo!


Happy New Year Everyone!

We rang in the New Year at the famous Bacara Resort (don't let the police car fool ya', it is swanky!). Since Oprah did not invite me to her Legends Ball or to her New Year's Eve party, I decided to take matters into my own hands....


We had a great time dancing to a great live band (with a gorgeous saxophonist), and there were a couple of celebrity sightings too (but I have never seen Spiderman, and I don't actually enjoy going to the movies)! Although the champagne was pricey, they did offer fabulous, complementary sweets.

A very kind staff member drove us around the resort, the pool area is so amazing, but at about 400 bucks a night, any overnighting at the Bacara will have to wait until I land a job... or two!

Hope you all had a wonderful New Year's Eve, and are looking forward to a very joyous 2008.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home