Diary of a Thin Hair Sister

I am right at the beginning of my sisterlocks 'journey' and very pleased and proud that I finally made the decision. Being a tad surprised (shocked?) at my thin hair, I thought that I would chart my progress and share my experience with a community of people both looking to start or already on their sisterlock voyage. (Do not make copies of my photos!!)

Friday, October 19, 2007

Girls Will Be Girls...



What on earth could these girls be grinning at? 1, 2, 3...




1, 2, 3!


Mystery (from "The Pickup Artist") is correct about having a game plan for meeting new people in social settings. "Would you mind taking our picture" was a good one. Nevertheless, these nice fellows turned out to be... well, very friendly and kind. We had a great conversation, and they left together....

Further down the street, we encountered even more people. For better or for worse, our apartment was located near the center of Madrid. This infamous street (Calle Huertas) features bars that cater to those willing to party until 4am on any night of the week (except Monday, most places are closed by 2am on that day...).

As many of you may remember from my blogs about my trip to Norway, I am a bit over the whole nightlife scene, at least the scene that features people whose maturity level too closely resembles their age. But, when in Rome (or Madrid)...

The Spanish are famous for their lifestyle, in particular the very late hours they keep, the 'marcha' (nightlife), and the casual way people meet and greet in public spaces. Waiters consider it strange for people to show up for dinner before 10pm, and even old women will make catcalls to good looking people walking down the street. We also received a good deal of free food and drinks as a gesture of hospitality and flirtation (of course). The free stuff really helped our already tight budget.


At any rate, I do wonder how a group of old woman friends would fare on a trip to a resort without boys in sight?!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Love the pics!!!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Aya said...

Sis,I'm scarrrred of you!!!! You are out there having yourselfa good ole time. I can't even remember going out to a nightlife atmosphere. It sure looks like you all were having a good time. Did you get any phone numbers?

5:34 PM  
Blogger Helga said...

Thanks folks! I will blog about the phone numbers soon....

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home