Diary of a Thin Hair Sister

I am right at the beginning of my sisterlocks 'journey' and very pleased and proud that I finally made the decision. Being a tad surprised (shocked?) at my thin hair, I thought that I would chart my progress and share my experience with a community of people both looking to start or already on their sisterlock voyage. (Do not make copies of my photos!!)

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Back to School



Ugh! That is a picture from the first day of school! I look tired, but that is how I felt: excited and tired about the beginning of the school year! Life on fellowship was amazing, but alas, all good things must come to an end. This photo was taken (by me) back in September right before my first 9am lecture as a tenure track professor! Pretty cool. My new office is coming along; so nice not to share my creative space anymore. Remember how I looked when I first got here? The class? Af-Am literature from migration to Black power... I think it's going pretty well...




The next photo (above) is from a conference in St. Louis, one of the coolest (maybe most underrated?) cities around. Always have a blast working and collaborating with my fellow scholars who join me (well, I really join them) for our annual meeting at Wash U. Had to cut my colleague out, but her locks are always fabulous!



Finally, a photo from a more recent conference in B'More. I am smiling way too hard, but I thought that this photo shows the progress of my horrible reddish tint, ugh! I related my hair coloring gone wrong stories about a year ago. Oh, well. I am really digging the green dress...but next time, I will try not to be the scholar having the most fun at the afterparty...! (check May 17, 2009).

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger locstory said...

looking good as usual!

1:15 AM  
Blogger locstory said...

beautiful as usual!

8:03 AM  
Blogger locstory said...

beautiful as usual!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Locky said...

Yippie, an update with pictures!
I hope you don't get tired of hearing that you and your locks are beautiful! (My personal opinion)
Thank you for sharing.
Locky

2:02 AM  
Blogger z said...

Your hair is so lovely as always. :-)

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home